Home Care Services in Hawaii
Refer a Patient
Our top priority at CareResource Hawaii is to help your loved one stay at home for as long as is safely possible. We take a team approach, working together with you, your relative and your relative’s health care providers to develop a personalized plan of care.
The staff at CareResource Hawaii works as a team internally. We have many different specialists available, each uniquely trained to address your loved one’s specific care needs.
Our goal at CareResource Hawaii is to empower each patient and their family members to work together to bring about an optimal level of health.
Our Services include:
Private Duty Services (Personal Care)
These private pay services are directed by the client and/or family member and generally do not require physician orders. These services include:
- Initial Assessment: We come to your loved one’s home and conduct an assessment of how things stand right now. We look at the strengths and weaknesses of the current situation. Then we make recommendations for care that we can provide to help your loved one become as strong, healthy and independent as possible. Typically this will involve a nurse coming to the home to teach you and your loved one new skills for coping with current medical conditions.
- We Provide Health Care Specialists for Every Home Care Need: Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical, Home Health Aides.
- Care Management: Sometimes the difference between staying at home and having to go to a facility is as simple as periodic visits from a registered nurse. Our nurses teach and advise patients and family members. They also help by coordinating the treatment plan with other members of the health care team.
Return to top
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Medication reminders
- Escorted transportation
- Inter-Island and domestic travel companions
Medicare Certified Services (Home Health Care)
The Medicare Certified Division of CareResource Hawaii provides home health services such as nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, medical social worker services and personal care services in the comfort of home. Services are initiated through physician orders. Patients need to meet certain eligibility criteria.
Medicare certified services are provided only at the Oahu branch. All branches all licensed as home health agencies. Neighbor island branches provide nursing but not rehab services.
- Skilled Nursing: Sometimes the difference between staying at home and having to go to a facility is as simple as periodic visits from a nurse. Our nurses teach and advise patients and family members. They also help by coordinating the treatment plan with other members of the health care team.
- Physical Therapy: Our physical therapists can make home visits to help your loved one regain strength and the ability to function as independently as possible. Based upon a complete evaluation and recommendations from the doctor, our physical therapists develop a personalized and therapeutic rehabilitation program. We use a variety of treatment techniques so we can find the best approach to meet the individual needs and desires of our patients.
- Speech Therapy: If your relative has had a stroke or other condition that makes communication difficult, we can help. Our trained speech therapists provide corrective and rehabilitative treatment using a variety of techniques. They develop a personalized program designed to address problems and recommendations identified by the doctor and the initial assessment.
- Occupational Therapy: Our Occupational Therapists will do an assessment and treatment to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living and work skills of people with a physical, mental, or cognitive disorder. We place emphasis on teaching the skill, and educating the client/family in order to increase participation in and performance of daily activities, particularly those that are meaningful to the client.
- Medical Social Services: We will work with patients and their families in need of psychosocial help. Medical social workers assess the psychosocial functioning of patients and families and intervene as necessary.
Medicare, Medicaid, Quest and other health insurance pay all or most of the cost of medically necessary skilled home care.
Return to top